The Fairbury American Legion Speedway is excited to announce a new weekly format for the start of the 2013 racing season. In long winter discussions between drivers, fans, officials, and directors, FALS has decided to implement the new “Fairbury Format”. This format will be used for all FALS weekly & non-sanctioned events throughout the 2013 season. This new format hits a lot of different areas between racers and fans and will continue the great racing we are all accustomed to seeing at Fairbury. The Street Stock and Sportsman divisions will also utilize this format on each of their special nights this season. Street Stocks and Sportsman will pill draw for position on regular nights as in the past. Details on the new Fairbury Format are as follows:
- One-Lap Qualifying (LM & MOD)
- $50 Fast Time Award Each Night & Each Division
- All cars must cross scale in the infield after qualifying lap.
- Fast Qualifier in each division will spin a wheel located near the scale in the infield.
- On the wheel, there will be equal numbers staggered around between 1-4.
- The number the driver spins will determine the number of cars inverted in each heat race for that night. #1 being a straight up start based on qualifying times.
- Each heat race will be lined up by this invert number staggered by their qualifying time for each of their respective divisions.
- Late Models and Modifieds will race 10 lap heat races this year.
- Once the heat races are concluded, feature lineups will revert back to qualifying time based on your finishing position in your heat race. Example: all the winners from the heat races will go back to their times and the fastest qualifying time will start on the pole of the feature no matter what heat you are in. All the second place finishers are grouped and so on for feature starting positions.
- B-Mains for this year will be 10 laps and will transfer as many needed to make up a 20 car starting field. B-Main lineups will be set by finishing positions of cars that did not transfer in through the heat race. They will also go back to qualifying times per position for the lineup.
- Modified Feature is 20 laps, Late Model Feature is 30 laps
- Number of heat races per night are based on car counts as follows:
- 20 cars and under: 2 Heats (all transfer to feature)
- 21-30 cars: 3 Heats (top 5 transfer) + Top 5 from 1 B-Main
- 31-40 cars: 4 Heats (top 4 transfer) + Top 2 from 2 B-Mains
- 41+ cars: 5 Heats (top 3 transfer) + Top 3 from 2 B-Mains
The Fairbury American Legion Speedway utilizes a computer generated program for lineups which makes it very easy to set lineups based on each and every type of designed program. The races this year that will have their own program for the night’s events will be the ALMS Late Model specials, UMP Summer Nationals & Summit Modified Summer Nationals, Prairie Dirt Classic Weekend, and the AMS Modified Nationals. Each of these sanctioning bodies has a designated race program they run. As always, the FALS race committee will monitor all events each week to make sure exciting weekly racing is not compromised by changes in the program or rules.